Test my first game (the game is AWESOME btw)

Started by
13 comments, last by Speeder 13 years, 8 months ago
Hello!

I made a little game, only to test some design concepts that I though would make a genre much better and more suitable to my taste...

But it is easier to show, than to explain, so I ask you to watch my trailer, that also has music made by me, and both are really cool on their own too (well, according to people on other forums ;) )

http://www.indiedb.com/games/paddle-wars-hit-the-wall/videos/prototype-3-trailer#imagebox

So, play the game, and give me some feedback! I want to make it a REALLY good game, something that not only shows on IndieDB monthly spotlight (like it already did), but that also deserves to be shown in other places too!
IGDA São Paulo member.Game Design student.
Advertisement
First game? I don't believe it... :)

Quality work!
Awesome game dude,

Very nice effects and gameplay!
First game?? -> Time spent?

Also... Are you Brazilian?

Nice :)
Programming is an art. Game programming is a masterpiece!
I didn't play it, no time currently (4:57am) I watched the trailer and for a first game it looks great. I liked the way to paddle used gravity to control the ball at one point ^^
Yep, I am from Brazil

I am making it since march I think... 1 month solely to draw that self-drawing 1980s style logo (I made it frame by frame)

Actually, that logo is half of the game size (the game packed has around 10mb, 5mb is the logo :/ That is already png optmized)

And yes, the gravity power is really cool :) I changed the scoring system only to make it more useful (ie: if you grab all stuff on the screen without exception, and don't lose balls, you get bonuses, with that power this is waaay easier... if you know what you are doing it is possible to never lose a single ball, because of the gravity powers, that can repel too btw...)
I'd dare-say that's probably the pinnacle of breakout-like games so far. Great work.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Demo video looks great - really like the graphical style. Congrats! :)

I am really happy that I did not hurt anyone with bad music or cringe-worthy graphics...
Dude, music was awesome.
Heh, thank you :) It is even flattering when I think that I am not a musician or a artist or anything on the art side of the brain... I am pure math and code :P

Btw: Can you people please spread the word too? I mean, no need to annoy your friends to death, but if you know people (or reporters) that like the genre, tell them about my game please! Or on your twitters!

Or follow me on twitter! @agfgames

So far I found no haters of the game, only lovers or fans, but if it don't get popular (I mean, I am not aiming at world of goo level...) it is kinda pointless...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement