• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
udvat

OpenGL Image reverse rendering

This topic is 2941 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

From a 2d image I estimated color for each pixel using some technique. I also made the 3d model(mesh) of the image. Now I want to render the 3D model using openGL to see whether my estimated color truly matches the original image color.

I dont want to texture map my image to the model. Rather I want to render
the model using my estimated color information. So I need color information for each vertices of the mesh .But how can I link between
my color information computed per pixel to vertices of the mesh?

Advertisement
The best way would be to texture map your model.

For another method you could try rendering your model to some kind of GBuffer as deffered rendering techniques use and match the 3D position of the pixel with the 3D position of your vertices. When you find a match you use the image coordinates to sample your color data image and add the sampled color to the matched vertex. This technique will require an additional rendering pass and the lookup will be very expensive from a computational point of view.

Would you please add more information to the following lines?

Quote:
Original post by Razvan1024
For another method you could try rendering your model to some kind of GBuffer as deffered rendering techniques use and match the 3D position of the pixel with the 3D position of your vertices.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!