Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[web] pay to play

Started by sr2owens Sep 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM 3 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
sr2owens
sr2owens
Hi guys, would you guys know what program or code I can use to make my game "pay to play"
Thanks,
Steve
Atrix256
Atrix256
Heya Steve,

What kind of game are you making?

Since this is in the web dev forum is it an online game? If so is it flash or something else?

Depending on the answer to those questions the options available to you are different.

Also were you looking to make your game have a one time charge or a periodic subscription fee?
sr2owens
sr2owens
Hi Atrix and thanks for your response. I am actually a middle man and I will get the answers for you. Thanks again
SimonForsman
SimonForsman
For any type of game with monthly fees you basically only need some form of account management (Pretty much any webdeveloper can make one of those in his sleep) and a transaction system to handle payments, its far more complicated on the business and legal side than the technical side (Allthough when money is involved security becomes a bigger issue).
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.