Original Post
In coding of negamax, using the normal pseudo code,what is the initial call to negamax function from the typical 'get_move' function?
is it
eval=-negamax(...);
or
eval=negamax(...);
My evaluation function returns -1000 for win.
now to code intermidiate positional evaluations, I cannot put values less than -1000 as it eg(-950>-1000) So the computer will rather jump for this -950 rather than -1000 which in turn is weaker move.
also when the sides switch,the computer will go for 1000 than for 950, and so on.
So in this case only one player out of to will play better moves,while other player will not play the best moves.
Can any one actually show me initial call to negamax(I have read some where that on Wikipedia its wrongly written.)
and also some code which will help me to code a sample evaluation,the returning values from evaluation.
here is the reference that I read from
http://www.fierz.ch/strategy1.htm#negamax
is it
eval=-negamax(...);
or
eval=negamax(...);
My evaluation function returns -1000 for win.
now to code intermidiate positional evaluations, I cannot put values less than -1000 as it eg(-950>-1000) So the computer will rather jump for this -950 rather than -1000 which in turn is weaker move.
also when the sides switch,the computer will go for 1000 than for 950, and so on.
So in this case only one player out of to will play better moves,while other player will not play the best moves.
Can any one actually show me initial call to negamax(I have read some where that on Wikipedia its wrongly written.)
and also some code which will help me to code a sample evaluation,the returning values from evaluation.
here is the reference that I read from
http://www.fierz.ch/strategy1.htm#negamax