Anamanaguchi!

Started by
3 comments, last by Madhed 13 years, 5 months ago
Just learned about this band.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:Anamanaguchi is a chiptune punk band from New York City that "makes loud, fast music with a hacked NES from 1985."

They made the soundtrack to the Scott Pilgrim videogame. Fantastic stuff I must say, everything my little nerdy heart needs. ^^

">Anamanaguchi - Airbrushed

Do you know them? Anybody went to a concert?
Advertisement
They're actually quite popular among the chiptune / video-game themed bands -- They travel and play shows, and they almost always play at PAX every year. They put on a really good show.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Heh, that's funny, I heard the Scott Pilgrim game soundtrack this very weekend and thought "that's a really nice background tune", thanks for pointing out where it came from :)
I think the first time I heard them was the music over a PAX video ad. The song (Helix Nebula) is, by the way, completely awesome. That and Fast Turtle I think are my favorites from them. If you're interested in this sort of thing, there was a documentary on the chiptune scene linked from PATV (penny-arcade tv. I'm sure google can help you find it) a while back.
I just played Scott Pilgrim vs the world with 3 friends on split screen. Haven't had such a good time in a long time... hehe. Goes to show that you don't need hyper realistic graphics and orchestral soundtracks to create a good game I guess. ;)

I think I'll put some Anamanaguchi on my Flash drive for the way to work tomorrow. =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement