Mini Games

Started by
1 comment, last by Sean123 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I was curious about something. Is it possible to put one game''s code into another game? Lets say there is a 3D game where one of the places in some city is an arcade. Is it possible for the player to go to this arcade in the game and play mini games? These mini games would be some classic games like asteroids and things like that found over the web with the code available. Is it possible to place these games into the original 3D game each time a player uses one of the machines at the arcade. Would it be as simple as pasting the code and adjusting it a little or would one be better off making their own due to the difficulty of placing one game''s code into another or is it not possible at all? Sorry if this might sound stupid but I am just curious to see if such a thing is possible. I do remember Final Fantasy 7 did something like that but it was obvious that they made their own mini games. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Yeah its been done acouple times, its just like creating a mini game inside of the game. So in Sonic when you got a certain amount of rings or smomething you went to a special world, instead, you would be playing Tetris. Its pretty simple.

Err, I edited from here down, realizing that top part wont help you:

You need to create the mini game in a header file, and include the header file. Thats how I would do it. Then, you call the game functions ect from the header file through your main script.

"I've sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do'Urden

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on September 2, 2001 9:21:44 PM

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on September 2, 2001 9:28:28 PM
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Cool.

Thanks alot

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement