Cubase

Started by
5 comments, last by zcythe 22 years, 7 months ago
Can you download instruments to Cubase or something? So you just could "draw" your music with the downloaded instrument. If you can download instruments, where can you download them?
Advertisement
You can import standard wav files to cubase. I remember that the method was a bit strange, you do it from the audio menu if I remember correctly.
------------------------------If there be no heaven,may there atleast be a hell.-------------------------------Afterlife-
You can try downloading them on www.hitsquad.com they have a ton of useful music programs. Oh to import wav files it''s actually under the file menu in version 3.7 just select import wav file.

L8r
John Schrauwers
Caution Productions
Well I not really sure about what you asking, but if you talking about getting samples into audio sequence you can click under the menu "File" heading and click Import audio option > wav file. But I think you probablely know that already.

There are also plugins for cubase VST called VST instruments which I never used before, but you could try reading up on it here it might be what your asking about.
http://www.steinberg.net/infocenter/discoveries/vst_instruments/index.phtml?sid=05909222

You might want to also check up on using Fruity Loops.
http://www.fruityloops.com

Its a great little program for making beat driven music and also allows you to sequence and control pitch and tone of samples on the fly. The site I believe might have a demo and alot of sampled instruments.

As far as downloading instruments goes I don't know, but you could probably find a tons samples if you look carefully on the net. You could also create your own instruments by using a program called sim synth which lets you create you own instruments which I've recently seen on the fruity loops website.

bringing sound to the masses
http://www.unparallel.net

Edited by - Black Marq on September 6, 2001 4:37:54 PM
This is what i mean, instruments:

If you open a midi file in Cubase you can delete all the patterns (whatever it''s called) and use the instruments thats used in that midi-file and draw new patterns. This way it would be possible to make song just if i found a midi-file containing all the instruments I want.

And if you have a synth you can plug it in, choose and instrument (on the synth) and record it to Cubase by playing on the synth.

I wan''t to download the instruments I need, like a guitar and then just draw the patterns. But i think, since the computer can make all the sound from the synth, it already has the instruments but how do I use them? or do I need to download them anyway?

I hope you understand.
quote:Original post by zcythe
This is what i mean, instruments:

If you open a midi file in Cubase you can delete all the patterns (whatever it''s called) and use the instruments thats used in that midi-file and draw new patterns. This way it would be possible to make song just if i found a midi-file containing all the instruments I want.

And if you have a synth you can plug it in, choose and instrument (on the synth) and record it to Cubase by playing on the synth.

I wan''t to download the instruments I need, like a guitar and then just draw the patterns. But i think, since the computer can make all the sound from the synth, it already has the instruments but how do I use them? or do I need to download them anyway?

I hope you understand.

MIDI-file???
MIDI doesn''t mean shit unless you have a instrument that can receive MIDI input. MIDI is just plain information on how a note is played, but does not actually contain the sound itself. I apologize if I sound rude, I''m just trying to help.

If your triggering(playing) MIDI in cubase and hearing sound your probably playing with the built-in sounds that are featured on your sound card or synth. Cubase or MIDI files do not contain any sounds or samples itself, nor is it possible to play any sound unless you have a device to can play sound using MIDI like a sampler(AKAI) or keyboard. But if your synth can play and record the sounds you like than you could use your synth to make you sound.

If have more question and need help with Cubase and MIDI you can email me at jmarques@unparallel.net or post here again maybe I can help you find an alternative route to your problem.

bringing sound to the masses
http://www.unparallel.net
Ah. It sounds like you''re used to using MODs, where you gotta have downloaded samples and stuff to make yer songs. In Cubase, you just press the little tiny box in the bottom right hand corner and a lil'' window pops up where you can choose which instrument you want (click ''patch name'' or whatever it''s called in your version). Hope that helps...it did confuse me when I first started using Cubase.

Also, loads of versions of cubase vary in their layout a bit, so might have to hunt around for it...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement