Cute games?

Started by
41 comments, last by beinvolved 13 years, 1 month ago
I like cute graphics if the graphics from most 2d sprite based jrpg's count but have never played a game where romance was implemented very well. It usually takes the form of either grinding for relationship points or following very tight story rails.
Advertisement

Cute and romance just does not cut it for me.
It has to be thrilling. That is how games should be.
They should give you a rush....

Different people find different things thrilling. People who read romance novels find those thrilling. People who follow cuteness-themed sites like <a href="http://squee.icanhascheezburger.com/">Squee!</a> find that thrilling. It's a different kind of rush than a rollercoaster or intense combat, but they're similar examples of people pursuing an experience which causes a natural drug-like rush of brain chemicals.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I play both types of games. But I think, for certain genres (e.g. FPS), I prefer the darker themed ones over the cuter ones. They somehow bring out the competitive side of me more. :D
Joshua Leung
Music Composer
www.joshleung.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement