Where do game developers get ideas from?

Started by
21 comments, last by Zeypher 13 years, 1 month ago
Being drunk at the weekend and have crazy dreams when you drive home in a taxi or bus.
SO AMAZING

Although when your drunk even a pink elephant is funny...
[size="2"]Java / C# Developer
Advertisement
As a fantasy writer, I usually get inspiration from whatever randomly occurs to me, like a situation or thought, and eventually they stay in my head long enough to either be used in one of my stories or be forgotten. I also think of the storylines with music, imagining a 'trailer' to the book to try and unravel some creative thought.

As a game designer, I usually get inspiration from what shouldn't be in other games and how to prevent bad things from popping up. Or how to make certain aspects of a game better and implement them into a GDD I'm working on (not stealing the idea or anything). Basically just being a typical game designer who immediately starts picking out things he/she does and does not like in the game they're playing and finding ways to implement them into their currently existing GDDs (or making completely new ideas out of them).

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

I actually came up with three potential stories from a dream... I simply thought.. wow I like it! I can make something from this! I even had dream when I was younger that I've develop (adding more indepth story, character development etc) and thus all that's require is to program it and character designing.
Current Project:
* Project Lavapit (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.2)
* Mass Invasion (Using Visual C++ Studio, Version 1.2) [Minor break]
* Invasion -Port- (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.1)

* Codename Alias (Using GM; Version 1.0)

* Eternal Remien (Using RPG Maker VX; Version 2.2)

* R.E.X. (Unknown Program; Ideas Only)

Current Members:
Troy Cabal (Game Art & Design Major)
Francis Simon (Business Major)
Calvin "Romell" Mathes (Business Major)
Zane Castillo (English Major)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement