games in C and C++ ??

Started by
9 comments, last by そら 22 years, 7 months ago
I''m currently working in a school proyect wich is about game programming, and in the part about programming languages I think it would be a good idea to mention some (known) games that have been written in C and some games written in C++... but I have really no idea what games where written in what lang. do you know about which games have been written in C or in C++ ?? (or any other language if you know what lang. they were written in) TNX! jakovo
"lots of shoulddas, coulddas, woulddas in the air, thinking about things they shouldda couldda wouldda donne, however all those shoulddas coulddas woulddas ran away when they saw the little did to come"
Advertisement
Quake 1, 2, and 3 were written in C (and ASM). Unreal/UT were written in C++ (I think...).

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Oh for the love of God!
Let me get this over with now:

Unreal was written in C++ with good OO techniques.

Quake I/II/III wasn't.

Most games are written in C, C++, or asm. Probably in that order (xsp if you consider the console games), but C++ is starting to give C a run-for-its-money.

C++ suxors! It's slow!

No it's not, your just a llama.

You can do OOP in C.

No you can't.

Use whatever you want, code-is-code.

GDI another C/C++ flamewar

Go blow chunks our your arse

Delphi has been used on commercial games.

Has VB?

Who gives a !@$@#$ @$$ if VB @#$#@)I 1@$(&@!#*)%)5 @#$(*@#$(@#$

Flame War Closed.

(Maybe we could put this in the FAQ)

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent

Edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on September 10, 2001 9:53:01 PM
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
LOL, that was too funny!
I''m bookmarking this thread

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
<-- llama, not lamma
Just e-mail all the developers and ask them. I don''t think they''ll reply, but if they do, they''re sure to tell you.
Oh but I know Half-Life DLL was written in C++ because I have the sourcecode here, and while there is still a lot of C, it uses mainly C++ OOP techniques. And one more thing...THANK GOD FOR TEMPLATES and #define preproccesor operators, is all I can say.
Most computer games you find on the shelves which aren''t card games or chlidren games ( AAA titles ) are done in C/C++ with some inline assembly included. Games not made with C/C++ are web-based java games, some card and kids games and.... well.... that''s about it.

WHO DO THEY
THINK THEY''RE
FOOLING : YOU ?

GARAL website
WHO DO THEYTHINK THEY'REFOOLING : YOU ?
Just because I happend to read this some where I''m going to mention it
the quake 2 engine was written in c++ except for the graphix loop which was writen in c because it had to be faster.
Nope, sorry.
I''m sitting here staring at the source code to gamex86.dll, and (surprise!) it''s all written in C.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement