Getting Multiple Effects with Render Targets

Started by
-1 comments, last by -XM- 12 years, 12 months ago
Hey again everyone, I've come to a dead end in my recent coding attempts and thought I'd see if anyone here would be able to assist me. I am still working on a 3D space shooter in XNA, but am wanting to add some shader effects. I have taken the Bloom Sample from the XNA site and implemented it into my game.... with some modifications I have three different effect combinations that I'm wanting to apply. I want a different effect on my bullets, HUD and finally over the rest of the scene.

I have everything working great except getting all of these things to combine.... At first, I was using multiple render targets. One for each effect I wanted, after talking with a member at the XNA Forums, I realized this isn't a good way to do this because I will be losing depth information by using three textures like this. (Bullets would be showing on top of ships etc.). What I'd like to do is some how mark what needs a different effect and what doesn't so I can do all of this in one texture/render target. I have all the right code implemented, I just need some way to mark the bullets etc. How would I go about doing something like this?

Thanks guys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement