[web] Custom Browser MMO Toolset in BETA

Started by
0 comments, last by Dino 12 years, 11 months ago
I've been around here for a while but have mostly just reading, but now I have something to share!

I've created a browser based custom RPG Toolset (Beta) and I can't seem to find a nice place to gain some testers. Not only is there a whole browser based admin toolset designed to let teams build a world of any size but it is all viewed pretty much on one page.

I haven't optimized the code yet and I'm still working on some smaller parts like Buffs, Trading and Guilds but pretty much everything else is done.

I guess I am looking for a few people to play with the toolset and enjoy the small MMO world they make while testing.

Here is a short list of features, and remember this is all browser based HTML / CSS / javascript / PHP / MySQL

- Map editor with 625 squares for placeable tiles
- A Map Events editor for adding No walk squares, quests, conversations, ect
- Support for unlimited browser based or flash mini games
- A full quest system with an active quest journal and quest states that offer text for each
- Full visual inventory with item viewing
- Full visual shop system with code ready for player based shops
- Full battle system with a customizable skill system
- Full branching conversation system
- Custom loot lists for monsters allowing up to 25 different object to be dropped per monster
- Custom spawn lists that allow up to 25 different monsters to spawn per zone, and special spawns anywhere as well as random spawns if you want them
- Full waypoint based zonelines allowing unlimited world size
- Full soul Binding system to change your respawn point when traveling
- Full custom items system with bonuses and elemental stats
- Three base damage types used 'Blade','Blunt','Pierce' elemental damages and resists
- A list of other in zone with you as well as a visual character sheet viewer for them, with more to be added to interaction soon
- A custom race making system including starting stats
- Multiple characters per player account
- A custom skill system that allows passive and active skills to be taken by the character at level time, that has options for, race only skills, skills requiring other skills to be taken, required stats for taking skills, and a bunch more.
- leveling up to level 80 but can easily be extended for unlimited levels.
- Item collection for crafting and quests

I know, I know get on with the screenshots...

The Main Playing Screen

rad_mainscreen.jpg

The Map editing Screen
rad_mapeditor.jpg

The Quest Screen

rad_quest.jpg

The Character Sheet Screen

rad_charactersheet.jpg

The Battle Screen

rad_battle.jpg

The level Screen

rad_level.jpg

The Minigame Screen (Can be unlimited games)

rad_minigame.jpg

The Store Screen (With custom top store banners for players)

rad_store.jpg

The Conversation Screen

rad_convo.jpg

The Quest Journal Screen

rad_journal.jpg

Character Select Screen

rad_charselect.jpg

Race Creator Screen

rad_racetools.jpg

Map Events Editor Screen

rad_mapevents.jpg

Conversation Creation Screen
rad_conversationmake.jpg

Quest Creation Screen

rad_questcreate.jpg

Monster Creation Screen

rad_monstercreate.jpg

Spawn List Creation Screen

rad_spawnlistedit.jpg

Item Creation Screen

rad_itemedit.jpg

Store Creation Screen
rad_storeedit.jpg

Loot List Creation Screen

rad_lootlistedit.jpg

Character Skill Journal Screen

rad_skilljournal.jpg

Skill Create Screen
rad_skillcreate.jpg

Lists System Screen

rad_lists.jpg

Lists System Screen

rad_toolsetmenu.jpg

Main Menu Screen

rad_mainmenu.jpg

CONTROLS:

[/url]controls.jpg

The Character Menu contains many of the controls and information areas of the entire game system. Not all buttons are available at all times, some appear as needed, like the 'Rest Button' and 'Potion Buttons'.

From here you can view your Character Sheet, Inventory, Quest Journal, Skills List, and in the near future, the 'Community Button'. More buttons will be added as needed and may change positions, that why there is only a general overview here right now.

Are the buttons you use to move your character around the world. If you are experiencing bad refresh times of flickering then you should upgrade to using Firefox 4, the browser this was developed for. It also works well on the Iphone, Ipad, and other portable devices.

This button does many actions in this game system. Under the movement keys there is a special area that tells you what this button will do if clicked. However it also lets you know when you are in a safe resting area, at whcih time you need to click the 'Rest' Button in the Character Menu Area.

This button can make you Change Zones, Start Battles, Play Minigames, Open Stores, Open Conversations and many many more actions. This is the most important button in the entire system.

We are also in the middle of making tutorials like this: [url="http://rpg.rgcgaming.com/tutorials/create_map/tut_createmap.php"]Making your first Zone Map

MWMDragon
www.rgcgaming.com
Advertisement
Very nicely done! It looks really nice

Dino M. Gambone
Good judgment is gained through experience. Experience, however, is gained through bad judgment.

Currently working on Rise of Praxis MUD: http://www.riseofpraxis.net/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement