DirectX Alphablending + Background Removal

Started by
-1 comments, last by Psychopathetica 12 years, 11 months ago
Hi there. Im trying to do a couple things really. One thing Im trying to do is make a ghost sprite in 2D that has the ability to go from completely transparent (invisible) to opaque while still having the background of the ghost sprite stay removed, and the values in between will have the ghost however see through i want. Right now the closest I gotten was a ghost sprite see through when the alpha value is 255 with the background of the ghost removed but as the values get smaller, its more opaque but the background of the ghost fades back with it. Heres what i got so far using VB6 and DirectX8:

Private Const FVF_TLVERTEX As Long = D3DFVF_XYZRHW Or D3DFVF_TEX1 Or D3DFVF_DIFFUSE Or D3DFVF_SPECULAR

and im using these renderstates and texturestagestates

Direct3D_Device.SetRenderState D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_ONE
Direct3D_Device.SetRenderState D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_SRCALPHA
Direct3D_Device.SetTextureStageState 0, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_SELECTARG1
Direct3D_Device.SetTextureStageState 0, D3DTSS_ALPHAARG1, D3DTA_DIFFUSE

The alpha values are then controlled by the Alpha values 0-255 with 255 being transparent but not fully. Im hoping to make it from invisible to fully opaque if its possible.

Private Sub Create_Polygon()

Vertex_List(0) = Create_TLVertex(0, 0, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, Alpha), 0, 0, 0)
Vertex_List(1) = Create_TLVertex(100, 0, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, Alpha), 0, 1, 0)
Vertex_List(2) = Create_TLVertex(0, 100, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, Alpha), 0, 0, 1)
Vertex_List(3) = Create_TLVertex(100, 100, 0, 1, D3DColorRGBA(255, 255, 255, Alpha), 0, 1, 1)

End Sub

And heres where it renders

Direct3D_Device.Clear 0, ByVal 0, D3DCLEAR_TARGET, D3DColorRGBA(0, 255, 0, 0), 1#, 0
Direct3D_Device.BeginScene
Direct3D_Device.SetRenderState D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE, True
Direct3D_Device.SetTexture 0, Texture
Direct3D_Device.DrawPrimitiveUP D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP, 2, Vertex_List(0), Len(Vertex_List(0))
Direct3D_Device.EndScene
Direct3D_Device.Present ByVal 0, ByVal 0, 0, ByVal 0

Also another problem I'm having is for my epic title intro to my game. Its beautiful so far with the fading out effects but for one of my parts of the intro I wanted to have the the story image fade to white, and from fully white to fade back down to the main title logo. I know im suppose to use another white polygon that fills the screen but this happens to be related to my alphablending problems apparently lol. If anyone has any ideas how I can pull this off I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. You dont have to know VB, C++ code i can handle too :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement