Original Post
Hello,
this weekend I'll plan to start to develop my Indie submarine (modern) naval sim with XNA 4. Since the core of such a sim/game is not grahpics but heavily AI (I consider this as the most important part, apart from the simulation engine), I'll relatively soon reach the point where I need to start writing AI code.
I've already read some standard books about AI/GameAI, so I'd say I have a big picture about the topic.
So, can you guys recommend me any .NET framework concerning AI...especially for the more advanced algorithms? FSM and similar 'easy stuff' will not help me much...the environment of such a setting is too dynamic (strategic/tactical A, also ownship crew AI).
The .NET AI frameworks which I've found, seem to be pretty outdated, so I am unsure if it is not better to write the stuff by my own - by leveraging coding snippets of various forum threads and blogs.
Thx.
this weekend I'll plan to start to develop my Indie submarine (modern) naval sim with XNA 4. Since the core of such a sim/game is not grahpics but heavily AI (I consider this as the most important part, apart from the simulation engine), I'll relatively soon reach the point where I need to start writing AI code.
I've already read some standard books about AI/GameAI, so I'd say I have a big picture about the topic.
So, can you guys recommend me any .NET framework concerning AI...especially for the more advanced algorithms? FSM and similar 'easy stuff' will not help me much...the environment of such a setting is too dynamic (strategic/tactical A, also ownship crew AI).
The .NET AI frameworks which I've found, seem to be pretty outdated, so I am unsure if it is not better to write the stuff by my own - by leveraging coding snippets of various forum threads and blogs.
Thx.