Original Post
I like to think I'm a gentleman when it comes to relationships. I'm not perfect, hell I'm a man, but I respect the woman I'm in a relationship with at the time and don't do anything I would regret. Blah blah blah, I'm goodie two-shoes.
Anyways, my relationships go well but then end terribly. Literally. My last relationship, I just got an email saying "we don't need to be together. I don't know why just this feeling." and of course at the bottom "Oh, but I love you."
WTF.
Okay, so I switch to logic mode and just walk away from it. But two months later I still don't feel like I've gotten over it. Like I still care even if the women turned out to be a total "B" at the end of it. WHY? As of right now, I'm done with them for a while. I'm just sick of the same things.
Which leads to my question: How do I stop caring? Like my recent ex, I shouldn't give a damn what's going on in her life or whatever. I'm much better off. So much better off and I know it, but then I'll be drifting off in my head and the next thing you know, I'm thinking about it and trying to figure out what went wrong. Hell, maybe it's because I'm a programmer and debugging the human mind is impossible.
I'd just like to hear your opinion on the matter. Got any related stories?
Anyways, my relationships go well but then end terribly. Literally. My last relationship, I just got an email saying "we don't need to be together. I don't know why just this feeling." and of course at the bottom "Oh, but I love you."
WTF.
Okay, so I switch to logic mode and just walk away from it. But two months later I still don't feel like I've gotten over it. Like I still care even if the women turned out to be a total "B" at the end of it. WHY? As of right now, I'm done with them for a while. I'm just sick of the same things.
Which leads to my question: How do I stop caring? Like my recent ex, I shouldn't give a damn what's going on in her life or whatever. I'm much better off. So much better off and I know it, but then I'll be drifting off in my head and the next thing you know, I'm thinking about it and trying to figure out what went wrong. Hell, maybe it's because I'm a programmer and debugging the human mind is impossible.
I'd just like to hear your opinion on the matter. Got any related stories?