What Would YOU Like To See In Today's Games?

Started by
15 comments, last by JackOfAllTrades 12 years, 7 months ago
Something different.

If it's an RPG, don't feature 10-year olds beating the crap out of gargantuan dragons with their white/black/red magic shit. Don't insert guns as ancient forbidden technology into a story that begins with sword and arrows and magic. I swear, all these RPGs out there feature the same shit over and over again. No, I don't want to see "Heal" ability in my White mage skills. Why does Heal always have to be "White" magic? Why is there "Heal" at all? And fuck Paladins.

If it's a FPS, don't feature handguns and shotguns as your first weapons and rocket launcher and lazer-pew-pew as your later weapons. Fuck, why don't you just give a rocket launcher at the beginning of the game just so you can blow shit up for a while and give laser in the next mission to make holes with? I don't give a fuck about FPS stories, so you can be creative there or stick to the old blowing-up-aliens storyline is fine with me. Just be creative with the weapons. And I don't want to see moving platforms and be jumping on them on FPS. I can't see where my feet land, and I hate to guess.
Advertisement
Non-linearity is a big one, especially for open world games. I would like to see games that have more dynamic experiences and less scripted experiences. Like in open world games, instead of having the same three people asking for help, it would be really cool if that happened because of the decisions of multiple AIs interacting together. It would be really immersive. I don't know how far off we are from that sort of experience though. We can all hope I suppose

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

1) Libertarian design. I don't want to work for a king, dictator or save some da princess. Let me choose my mission...Or even warp a mission to my own ends. Like allow me to save a princess and then ransom her myself.
2) No more menus for doing simple things like climbing a ladder, choosing a spell, etc.
3) Less eye candy in favor of more players or a smarter AI.
4) Have an AI that cheats the better a person does, especially in a team game. Make it a rare thing to make it to the end of a level.
5) Score rewards for carrying horrible players through a level. Make it to where people want to play with them and not ban them outright.
6) More hack banning.
7) No more medieval/quasi-medieval/feudal japan themes. No wizards, dragons, etc.
8) No more politically correct characters. More racism, sexism, racist sexism, you name it. Make people feel uncomfortable for playing as their character. And then have a censored mode for laughs.
9) More Dick Cheney. The guy is gold. You can't go wrong with him as a character.
Such a broad question, I'm not sure if it can be answered usefully. I mean, I'd like an interactive romance novel RPadventuresim with male courtable characters and either arcade or ccg or maybe tactical combat. I can't imagine there's a ton of other people just wishing for a game like that though. :P I'm quite tired of epic fantasy and any kind of dark setting, but there are plenty of people out there who do want that. FPSes I just don't want at all because they give me motion sickness. Again that applies to less than 20% of gamers. (Though now I'm vaguely curious whether there are any notable humorous and/or romantic FPSes.)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I think multiple choice dialogs are pretty bad and slow down the playing experience. Usually you first have to read the choices, than listen to the character say it, then listen to the answer etc. This is not how talking works in the real world. I'd like if my answers were based on my character and my playing style and automated for the most part. The game shouldn't interrupt for conversations. You should be able to walk away while the NPC is talking and the NPC should follow you or say "ok you don't want to listen, gfy".

your last statement... lol, i like your style.
Lots of upgrades!
Content and lots of it! So much I could never play it all. Also needs to be quality content. Not just walls of text or infinitely repetitive quests.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement