Original Post
Alright so I have just had my internet shut off and my xbox decided to go all ring of death on me so I am out of gaming. I decided that it would be a good idea to start pc gaming again however my computer didnt have direct x on it and I cant game on the laptop that I am on right now. So I downloaded the direct x redistribution pack and put it on a flash drive before putting on the computer that I am using for the gaming. Then the issues started. During the Initialization it has a pop-up that reads:" A cabinet file necessary for initialization cannot be found. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid." So I did alot of research on it and found very little help. Here are the things I have tried:
1. Ensured that the Cryptographic Services are set to Automatic.
2. Tried all the revsvr32 DLL crypto's.
3. Restarted Comp
4. Checked for corrupted files, none found.
5. Through my computer at a wall.
All to no avail. I am still looking for more things that may help but nothing is working any help would be great. Thanks for your time.
1. Ensured that the Cryptographic Services are set to Automatic.
2. Tried all the revsvr32 DLL crypto's.
3. Restarted Comp
4. Checked for corrupted files, none found.
5. Through my computer at a wall.
All to no avail. I am still looking for more things that may help but nothing is working any help would be great. Thanks for your time.