[ Visual Studio ( Express ) ] C++ Intellisense?

Started by
14 comments, last by marvel_magnum 12 years, 3 months ago
Visual Assist X does not work with Express editions.

But one thing I noticed, Visual Studio 2010 intellisense is a lot better that the previous versions even in the Express editions. I use it myself and never felt a big need to start using VAX.

[At work, I use VAX with Visual Studio 2008.]
Advertisement
Visual Studio 11 has much better intellisense as well as coloring. It's developer preview version therefore it's free. However bigger projects might crash intellisense and you'll have none at all (got this problem, forced to use VS10).
Visual Studio 11 has much better intellisense as well as coloring. It's developer preview version therefore it's free. However bigger projects might crash intellisense and you'll have none at all (got this problem, forced to use VS10).

Yup they have a good explanation here of why intellisense for C++ is so buggy. With projects becoming more complex, additional issues emerged such as the one known as the “multi-mod” problem.
C++/CLI IntelliSense in Visual Studio vNext

But yeah having used VB/C# intellisense not to mention the excellent intellisense in Apple's Xcode, intellisense for C++ in VS is pretty crappy if you can even get it.
Also, they used to have cool code snippets for C++ but I guess that was also too buggy that they took it out angry.png
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

Also, they used to have cool code snippets for C++ but I guess that was also too buggy that they took it out

Really, they did ? I did not know about that. Which version had that ?

[quote name='daviangel' timestamp='1327294185' post='4905331']
Also, they used to have cool code snippets for C++ but I guess that was also too buggy that they took it out

Really, they did ? I did not know about that. Which version had that ?
[/quote]
Visual C++ Code Snippets:The Visual C++ Code Snippets tool lets you insert snippets in your code by using a pop-up menu that contains programming keywords. VB.NET and C# languages have this functionality in Visual Studio 2005.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15980
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Aha. remember seeing that. Never used it though. Thanks for the info. smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement