From VB to C++ (Confusing) plz help!

Started by
2 comments, last by Mman 22 years, 7 months ago
Correct me if I''m wrong but I always thought that once you know one programming language, it will be 2x easier to learn another one. However this is not the case with me. After 2 loyal years of programming in Visual Basic, I decided to switch to C++, but it is so confusing. And what''s with all of the include files? I have found myselft learning C++ from backwards. I have already made a 3D game with DirectX but have found out that I don''t even know how to make a simple 2D Game in pure C++ code!!! Please, can anyone tell me a good web site where I can find tutorials on Visual C++? Thanks a lot!
Advertisement
VB is a lot more lax than C/C++, don''t expect it to be simpler. Include files are so that you don''t have to use the entire standard C and C++ libraries at once, if you did your executable would be huge, like it was in VB (heh). Visual C++ isn''t the language, it''s just the compiler. Remember than C and C++ are open standard, they aren''t owned by Microsoft like VB is. You can try cplusplus.com and/or cprogramming.com, both have C++ tutorials.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
You should not take tutorials on C++, you should get a book.

Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days would be good. It is only 2 times easier if you do it the right way.
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement