problem loading wav resource in DSound

Started by
0 comments, last by guylst 22 years, 7 months ago
There''s problem when I tried to load wave resource in DSound. I wrote the code according to the directx documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dx8_c/hh/dx8_c/audio_using_9jxr.asp Here''s what I''ve written: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// CWaveFile waveFile; if (FAILED(waveFile.Open("mywave", NULL, WAVEFILE_READ))) // where "mywave" is the name of wave resource file { waveFile.Close(); } LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER lpdsbStatic; DSBUFFERDESC dsbdesc; memset(&dsbdesc, 0, sizeof(DSBUFFERDESC)); dsbdesc.dwSize = sizeof(DSBUFFERDESC); dsbdesc.dwFlags = 0; dsbdesc.dwBufferBytes = waveFile.GetSize(); dsbdesc.lpwfxFormat = waveFile.m_pwfx; if FAILED(lpds->CreateSoundBuffer(&dsbdesc, &lpdsbStatic, NULL)) { // Error handling. } LPVOID lpvAudio1; DWORD dwBytes1; if FAILED(lpdsbStatic->Lock( 0, // Offset of lock start. 0, // Size of lock; ignored in this case. &lpvAudio1, // Address of lock start. &dwBytes1, // Number of bytes locked. NULL, // Wraparound start; not used. NULL, // Wraparound size; not used. DSBLOCK_ENTIREBUFFER)) { // Error handling. } DWORD dwBytesRead; waveFile.Read((BYTE*)lpvAudio1, dwBytes1, &dwBytesRead); lpdsbStatic->Unlock(lpvAudio1, dwBytes1, NULL, 0); waveFile.Close(); /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// The problem is that the resource "mywave" failed to open and cannot create the buffer.("mywave" was imported as type "WAVE" in the resource.rc) However, when I replace "mywave" with a file name, say "wave1.wav", the routine works properly. Can anyone tell me what''s going wrong? Thanks!!
Advertisement
You can use CMusicManager (find in DMUtil.cpp)

CMusicManager* g_pMusicManager = NULL;

g_pMusicManager = new CMusicManager();
if( FAILED( g_pMusicManager->Initialize( hWnd ) ) )
return E_FAIL;

g_pMusicManager->CreateSegmentFromResource(&g_pSound,_T("MYSOUND"), _T("WAV") );

<<>>
MYSOUND WAV MOVEABLE PURE "level.wav"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement