• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

problem loading wav resource in DSound

This topic is 5995 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

There''s problem when I tried to load wave resource in DSound. I wrote the code according to the directx documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dx8_c/hh/dx8_c/audio_using_9jxr.asp Here''s what I''ve written: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// CWaveFile waveFile; if (FAILED(waveFile.Open("mywave", NULL, WAVEFILE_READ))) // where "mywave" is the name of wave resource file { waveFile.Close(); } LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER lpdsbStatic; DSBUFFERDESC dsbdesc; memset(&dsbdesc, 0, sizeof(DSBUFFERDESC)); dsbdesc.dwSize = sizeof(DSBUFFERDESC); dsbdesc.dwFlags = 0; dsbdesc.dwBufferBytes = waveFile.GetSize(); dsbdesc.lpwfxFormat = waveFile.m_pwfx; if FAILED(lpds->CreateSoundBuffer(&dsbdesc, &lpdsbStatic, NULL)) { // Error handling. } LPVOID lpvAudio1; DWORD dwBytes1; if FAILED(lpdsbStatic->Lock( 0, // Offset of lock start. 0, // Size of lock; ignored in this case. &lpvAudio1, // Address of lock start. &dwBytes1, // Number of bytes locked. NULL, // Wraparound start; not used. NULL, // Wraparound size; not used. DSBLOCK_ENTIREBUFFER)) { // Error handling. } DWORD dwBytesRead; waveFile.Read((BYTE*)lpvAudio1, dwBytes1, &dwBytesRead); lpdsbStatic->Unlock(lpvAudio1, dwBytes1, NULL, 0); waveFile.Close(); /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// The problem is that the resource "mywave" failed to open and cannot create the buffer.("mywave" was imported as type "WAVE" in the resource.rc) However, when I replace "mywave" with a file name, say "wave1.wav", the routine works properly. Can anyone tell me what''s going wrong? Thanks!!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
You can use CMusicManager (find in DMUtil.cpp)

CMusicManager* g_pMusicManager = NULL;

g_pMusicManager = new CMusicManager();
if( FAILED( g_pMusicManager->Initialize( hWnd ) ) )
return E_FAIL;

g_pMusicManager->CreateSegmentFromResource(&g_pSound,_T("MYSOUND"), _T("WAV") );

<<>>
MYSOUND WAV MOVEABLE PURE "level.wav"

• Advertisement