[.net] DataGrid

Started by
1 comment, last by athono 12 years, 6 months ago
DataGrid

I am using a free opensource class from a company that I will not name (even if it is RadiantQ) that I like a lot. It has this cool MuttiColumnTreeList control that is a combination of a tree control and a datagrid. It comes with an example code that you can look at and everything. It is pretty cool. It is inherited from the DataGrid class.

The problem is that I am kind of new to databinding on this level and so I would like to just go ahead and write some code that forces the data that I have gathered from another class into the control.

So I looked online for how to do that for a DataGrid class and the information is not easily available. Can anyone help?

Advertisement
With this type of thing you have to be allot more specific, and elaborate on the problem. The DataGrid in WPF is a way of showing grid style information, just like the ListBox shows information in list form. Information is very easily available for this subject, however there is nothing I could reccomend more than getting hold of a book on WPF. Learning the fundamentals behind data binding through a thorough process a book is most likely to take is far more rich, and will help make sure that you can re-create things like this without scouring the internet for a tutorial.

Hope my 2cents helped :)

Aimee.

DataGrid

I am using a free opensource class from a company that I will not name (even if it is RadiantQ) that I like a lot. It has this cool MuttiColumnTreeList control that is a combination of a tree control and a datagrid. It comes with an example code that you can look at and everything. It is pretty cool. It is inherited from the DataGrid class.

The problem is that I am kind of new to databinding on this level and so I would like to just go ahead and write some code that forces the data that I have gathered from another class into the control.

So I looked online for how to do that for a DataGrid class and the information is not easily available. Can anyone help?

We are now on Tumblr, so please come and check out our site!

http://xpod-games.com

With this type of thing you have to be allot more specific, and elaborate on the problem. The DataGrid in WPF is a way of showing grid style information, just like the ListBox shows information in list form. Information is very easily available for this subject, however there is nothing I could reccomend more than getting hold of a book on WPF. Learning the fundamentals behind data binding through a thorough process a book is most likely to take is far more rich, and will help make sure that you can re-create things like this without scouring the internet for a tutorial.

Hope my 2cents helped :)

Aimee.
[quote name='athono' timestamp='1317725723' post='4868933']
DataGrid

[/quote]

I solved the problem but made a new one.

It seems that once the databinding is done, and if you change the data you have to rebind to the control. This is what was giving me difficulty before. So what I have to do is run some command like this:

this.mutlicoolgridview.ItemsSource = null;
this.mutlicoolgridview.ItemsSource = SampleData.GetSampleDataNew();

The problem I am having now is this. After running his command about one thousand times, I actually run out of memory. I think that doing this:

this.mutlicoolgridview.ItemsSource = null;

is not such a good idea. Is there a better command to do to free up the memory?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement