D3DXFillCubeTexture in DirectX11

Started by
3 comments, last by UNREAL WARRl0R 12 years, 6 months ago
So I was porting the Local Deformable PRT sample from DirectX9 and I noticed a function that seems to be not possible in DirectX11

Is there any DX11 version of D3DXFillCubeTexture? Or can someone provide me with how it works so I can write my own?
Advertisement
Can I please have some help here? This one thing is killing me. I tried re-implementing it off of some source that I found, but there aren't any PixelFormatDescs

I am completely lost with this, I started DirectX programming when 11 came out, so I have no experience with 9 or 10
It looks like it locks each surface of the cubemap (there are 6 x N surfaces in a cubemap, where N is the number of mips), iterates through each texel, and calls a callback function. For D3D11 what you'd want to do instead is allocate CPU memory for all of the texels, fill them, and pass a pointer to that memory when creating an IMMUTABLE Texture2D resource.

It looks like it locks each surface of the cubemap (there are 6 x N surfaces in a cubemap, where N is the number of mips), iterates through each texel, and calls a callback function. For D3D11 what you'd want to do instead is allocate CPU memory for all of the texels, fill them, and pass a pointer to that memory when creating an IMMUTABLE Texture2D resource.

Thanks! I am Implementing now
BTW, I am a big fan of some of your work :P

It works! Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement