What Engine to use in publishing a game

Started by
3 comments, last by NightCreature83 12 years, 3 months ago
In about a year, I would have registered a small company that has a description: Game development studio
But I am no programmer, I just have the capital to get things done and hire people.

Here in my place, there are ZERO game devs. That may be stretching it, but Apps and stuff arent really my thing.

So my strategy is to get Interns from universities and raise them to create my game for me.

I've asked if they would be competent:maybe not.
But it's the only choice I have since even experienced programmers, as they say, would have a hard time moving to this specialty as well.
---------
That being said, we will create a game, and I want to know what engine to use and license to ship a competent game.
I guess I'd pass it around locally or something, I dont know.

I really wont be the one to tinker with it, although I have immersed myself into learning what they are and their functions.
I've seen game maker, and it seemed too drag and drop for me.
---------
So what engine do I use to publish and ship my first game?

Hm. Okay, it depends on the game? Yeah.
Uh...Let's say, something like Castlevania, Super Metroid, and the polish of Outland.
Advertisement
If you are not a programmer then you really should:

1) Hire a lead programmer
2) Ask him/her those questions.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Use Unity engine, it'll make everything easy for your team, since they won't need to deal with low level graphics/sound programming, they just need to write gameplay code,
Does the unity engine need licenses to produce the game commercially?

In about a year, I would have registered a small company that has a description: Game development studio
But I am no programmer, I just have the capital to get things done and hire people.

Here in my place, there are ZERO game devs. That may be stretching it, but Apps and stuff arent really my thing.

So my strategy is to get Interns from universities and raise them to create my game for me.

I've asked if they would be competent:maybe not.
But it's the only choice I have since even experienced programmers, as they say, would have a hard time moving to this specialty as well.
---------
That being said, we will create a game, and I want to know what engine to use and license to ship a competent game.
I guess I'd pass it around locally or something, I dont know.

I really wont be the one to tinker with it, although I have immersed myself into learning what they are and their functions.
I've seen game maker, and it seemed too drag and drop for me.
---------
So what engine do I use to publish and ship my first game?

Hm. Okay, it depends on the game? Yeah.
Uh...Let's say, something like Castlevania, Super Metroid, and the polish of Outland.

Your biggest problem will be to find people that share your vision and are willing to work for it. Building a game team doesn't happen overnight and thats the first thing you need to do. These other questions are questions you should ask the technical people on the game team.
If you don't have the technical skills finding a decent lead programmer might be a difficult job.

Worked on titles: CMR:DiRT2, DiRT 3, DiRT: Showdown, GRID 2, theHunter, theHunter: Primal, Mad Max, Watch Dogs: Legion

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement