Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Ideas for videogames and games that should be remade

Started by N Sampson Jan 26, 2012 at 2:12 AM 20 replies 4.6k views
Original Post
N Sampson
N Sampson
I would like to see Magic Carpet and Populous remade What games would you like to see remade for this generation ?
N Sampson
N Sampson
Populous the beginning is one of my all time favourites it was more RTS than god sim if it was to be remade I wouldn't change it a great deal. Improved graphics and AI and an online multiplayer would be a good start I would like to see the inclusion of monsters that would roam the map and attack anything in it's path, tribes could form alliances to defeat the monsters.
Krohm
Krohm
Magic carpet!
Me too!

Don't redo an old NES classic involving amazing soundtrack and eating nibbley pibbleys. I'm redoing it. I will finish this a day.
Previously "Krohm"
N Sampson
N Sampson
Magic carpet could be awesome again keeping it's core mechanics with next gen graphics imagine fighting colossal enemies on a God of War scale with some online multiplayer maybe even some RPG questing. I'm guessing EA has the rights to Magic Carpet and Populous I hope that someday that they take a break from making military FPS games and see the potential of resurrecting these Two classic games
jochen
jochen

[sup]I would love to see a sequel for Master of Orion. Best in the style of MOO II but with turn based 3d combat.[/sup]

[sup]edit: fixed type and changed to a larger font.[/sup]

Why did Doug Gregor create the empty directory?
nsmadsen
nsmadsen
I would love to have a remake of FF7. Perhaps cliche but I can play that game over and over and over again.
Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Austin, TX
gfxgangsta
gfxgangsta
I would love to see a remake of Moon Patrol
PasiP
PasiP
I spent lots of hours playing Freelancer back in the day. I would like to see a new version of that.
Zeraan
Zeraan

[sup]I would love to see a sequel for Master of Orion. Best in the style of MOO II but with turn based 3d combat.[/sup]

[sup]edit: fixed type and changed to a larger font.[/sup]



[shameless plug]I'm currently working on a 4X game similar to MoO, but it's 2D.[/shameless plug] Doubt they will make MoO IV after the mess of MoO III

I've been wanting a remake of X-Com, and it looks like my dream is coming true, with both Firaxis remake and Xenonauts! Another excellent game would be SimTower.
Luckless
Luckless

Another excellent game would be SimTower.


I've considered doing a sim-tower like game, where instead of randomly building the tower, you had to manage properties in a large city, and design projects as a whole building.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
alnite
alnite
Jones in the Fast Lane. I've seen some indies remaking this, but nowhere close to the original soul of the game.
N Sampson
N Sampson
I would like a MMORPG crossed with an RTS I'm sure it's been done before but you don't see a lot of it especially on home consoles. I personally believe cross genres work if done well and I'm social gamer so the more people playing the better. Starhawk looks interesting with it's new building strategy and fallout MMO i hope will be good as I always felt multiplayer is what's missing from Bethesda's open worlds
rscomposer
rscomposer
I played 3D Ultra Mini Golf a lot when I was younger. It's probably has a really limited appeal, but I keep wishing somebody would make a fun, down-to-earth mini golf game. Better yet, a mini golf game and construction kit so you can build and sculpt your own play ground.
ChurchSkiz
ChurchSkiz
X-wing/Tie Fighter needs a new episode.

I'd also like to see ShadowRun (Genesis edition) redone, maybe as an MMO or something.
MikeYg
MikeYg
I would love a remake of theme hospital? Why has this not been done come on EA!! Wouldn't mind playing the original commander keen on my iphone. Bliss!
NoisyApe
NoisyApe
I wanna see LINEAGE get remade, fortunately for me, just a month ago they released a trailer for LINEAGE ETERNAL



USHER IN THE RETURN OF THE KING
EvilSeven
EvilSeven

I would love to have a remake of FF7. Perhaps cliche but I can play that game over and over and over again. smile.png


I'm such a sucker for FF7. I would probably buy the next playstation on a remake alone. tongue.png
Jarwulf
Jarwulf
Alpha Centauri, System Shock (not the dumbed down bioshock way), undying, and space sims like freespace
N Sampson
N Sampson
Just found out EA is rumoured to be making a new populous title if this is true I'll be happy

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.