xna or mogre

Started by
5 comments, last by maxdelphi 12 years, 2 months ago
hey need your help, i am selecting an engine for create my games, i like two: xna and mogre, but both present advantage and disvantage:

XNA is most harder than mogre for display a model..

mogre is most harder than xna for inputs

mogre can sell your game, xna no sad.png

xna is modern....
mogre is antique...and i think no more updates..

etc...................................................................................................................................................................

i know unity 3d but i dont like because dont have shadow and other elements in free version, and UDK is hard i am standalone without a team...

thanks.......
Advertisement
Two different things. XNA is essentially a library with some basic helper stuff and a content pipeline thrown in, Ogre (and presumably Mogre) is a more fully-featured engine. A third option is a lower-level Library like SlimDX or SharpDX, which, while not holding your hand as much, give you more flexibility (at the cost of more work) and sound to be better supported than at least Mogre.

Are you interested in the programming part, or interested in simply getting your game done?

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Also, you can sell XNA games. Not sure where you are going there.

Granted, if you want to publish to XBox Live, you need to pay a 99$ fee, as will you if you make use of ModTool for a PC game but thats about it. You can create a game using XNA and sell it on Steam for example, without paying a cent either.

Two different things. XNA is essentially a library with some basic helper stuff and a content pipeline thrown in, Ogre (and presumably Mogre) is a more fully-featured engine. A third option is a lower-level Library like SlimDX or SharpDX, which, while not holding your hand as much, give you more flexibility (at the cost of more work) and sound to be better supported than at least Mogre.

Are you interested in the programming part, or interested in simply getting your game done?

ok, i am programmer in ASP.NET MVC C#, I HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE ON IT, now i would like make my own game like new super mario bros wii or penumbra's series.....

Also, you can sell XNA games. Not sure where you are going there.

Granted, if you want to publish to XBox Live, you need to pay a 99$ fee, as will you if you make use of ModTool for a PC game but thats about it. You can create a game using XNA and sell it on Steam for example, without paying a cent either.

thanks for your response, it is excellent!, but what is your experience creating games? what tools use you?, want a powerful engine....i am testing mogre and xna, mogre is easier than xna displaying a model, but it is hardest than xna in inputs :S

what tools you recommend me to use?

i would like make my own game like new super mario bros wii

want a powerful engine

Why do you want a powerful engine for a Mario game? That's a bit of overkill.

You could take a look at the Platformer Starter Kit posts on my blog.
If you really want something more powerful, Sunburn is the way to go.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

mmmm, but what select you? mogre or xna??
i select XNA for learn.. thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement