• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ms75214

fraps

This topic is 2497 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

[quote name='ms75214' timestamp='1328619959' post='4910479']
i just want to see the frame rate
Then add a frame rate counter to your game?
[/quote]

The simplest things are the hardest to think of... right?

I'll admit to having checked my frame rate in fraps a few times when I was too busy/lazy to add text-rendering capabilities to a small demo/prototype...

[quote name='freeworld' timestamp='1328638886' post='4910576']

I'll admit to having checked my frame rate in fraps a few times when I was too busy/lazy to add text-rendering capabilities to a small demo/prototype...
[/quote]

dont get me wrong, I prefer fraps over cluttering my code... but if the tool isn't available is so much faster just to put a ferw lines of code in then spend all day search the interwebs for a similar tool.

either way this question belongs in his search bar, not on the site. took me all of 1:45mins to google an answer. Atleast put it in the lounge or something.

either way this question belongs in his search bar, not on the site. took me all of 1:45mins to google an answer. Atleast put it in the lounge or something.

It's a fair question in 'For Beginners', especially considering that there isn't a direct equivalent (or even anything terribly close) for Mac.

[quote name='freeworld' timestamp='1328642664' post='4910600']

It's a fair question in 'For Beginners', especially considering that there isn't a direct equivalent (or even anything terribly close) for Mac.
[/quote]

I disagree, I wouldn't even call this a programming question. and yes there is, (not an exact equivalent, but does everything fraps does), google it "fraps equivalent for mac". I didn't lie when I found an answer... but unlike jesus I aint fishing for a dieng man. When the fish is already jumping into they're hands, they just have to squeeze to catch it. I even went next door to test it on a mac too... wasted 20 mins of my boring day, god that guy talks way too much.

What does using FRAPS have to do with programming?

and yes there is, (not an exact equivalent, but does everything fraps does), google it "fraps equivalent for mac".

Perhaps you could enlighten us then? I don't see anything that provides fullscreen recording, plus FPS overlays, at a low price point.

What does using FRAPS have to do with programming?[/quote]
'For Beginners' covers several aspects of game development, not just programming. Try the General programming or Game Programming forums.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!