Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

fraps

Started by ms75214 Feb 6, 2012 at 3:24 AM 9 replies 2.5k views
Original Post
ms75214
ms75214
is there something like fraps 4 mac?
wicked357
wicked357
Check out Snapz Pro there is a free trial as well. http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/
Evil Steve
Evil Steve

i just want to see the frame rate
Then add a frame rate counter to your game?
swiftcoder
swiftcoder

The simplest things are the hardest to think of... right?

I'll admit to having checked my frame rate in fraps a few times when I was too busy/lazy to add text-rendering capabilities to a small demo/prototype...
Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]
freeworld
freeworld

[quote name='freeworld' timestamp='1328638886' post='4910576']
The simplest things are the hardest to think of... right?

I'll admit to having checked my frame rate in fraps a few times when I was too busy/lazy to add text-rendering capabilities to a small demo/prototype...
[/quote]

dont get me wrong, I prefer fraps over cluttering my code... but if the tool isn't available is so much faster just to put a ferw lines of code in then spend all day search the interwebs for a similar tool.

either way this question belongs in his search bar, not on the site. took me all of 1:45mins to google an answer. Atleast put it in the lounge or something.
swiftcoder
swiftcoder

either way this question belongs in his search bar, not on the site. took me all of 1:45mins to google an answer. Atleast put it in the lounge or something.

It's a fair question in 'For Beginners', especially considering that there isn't a direct equivalent (or even anything terribly close) for Mac.
Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]
freeworld
freeworld

[quote name='freeworld' timestamp='1328642664' post='4910600']
either way this question belongs in his search bar, not on the site. took me all of 1:45mins to google an answer. Atleast put it in the lounge or something.

It's a fair question in 'For Beginners', especially considering that there isn't a direct equivalent (or even anything terribly close) for Mac.
[/quote]

I disagree, I wouldn't even call this a programming question. and yes there is, (not an exact equivalent, but does everything fraps does), google it "fraps equivalent for mac". I didn't lie when I found an answer... but unlike jesus I aint fishing for a dieng man. When the fish is already jumping into they're hands, they just have to squeeze to catch it. I even went next door to test it on a mac too... wasted 20 mins of my boring day, god that guy talks way too much.

What does using FRAPS have to do with programming?
swiftcoder
swiftcoder

and yes there is, (not an exact equivalent, but does everything fraps does), google it "fraps equivalent for mac".

Perhaps you could enlighten us then? I don't see anything that provides fullscreen recording, plus FPS overlays, at a low price point.

What does using FRAPS have to do with programming?[/quote]
'For Beginners' covers several aspects of game development, not just programming. Try the General programming or Game Programming forums.
Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]
Cornstalks
Cornstalks

What does using FRAPS have to do with programming?

Hi. Welcome to GameDev.net. You must be new here. GameDev covers many aspects of game development, programming being one of them. However, this is not the only thing GameDev caters for, and it's not the only thing this forum caters for either. Knowing your FPS can be important for game development, and so can screen recording.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.