What form of (agile) project management do you use?

Started by
2 comments, last by Telastyn 12 years, 1 month ago
Reading around the web SCRUM seems to be the dominant form of project management in IT. So out of curiosity:
What form of project management du you use and what are your experiences with it? How big is your development-team?

At my company the team-size averages 7 people and we use a very scrum-like approach, with some changes to handle cooperation with outside developers.
Advertisement
I've introduced several development teams to scrum. The ones that wanted to have organized project management loved it. The ones that didn't like organization eneded up staying disorganized.

Currently what we use (8 people) is closest to scrum, but with some large bits cut out or modified. One of the strengths of agile is that it shouldn't be dogmatic. Don't follow scrum or whatever point by points just because you feel like you have to. Try out the methodology that sounds most useful for your teams, then modify as necessary.
I recently found an interesting talk how smaller indie or open source projects can apply a non dogmatic leaner version of scrum for their work:

Enjoy :-)
-----PARPG - open source isometric 2d old school RPG still looking for interested contributors

What form of project management du you use and what are your experiences with it?

We use the "we're going to break into scrum teams with 2 week iterations, but use that as an excuse to introduce shoddy requirements as we go" agile method that is hugely popular with corporate america. Right now we have 3 developers and 4 QA in the scrum team.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement