• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
grokys

Preventing banding textures in DirectX

This topic is 2378 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[color=#333333]I have a 3D scene that I've tried rendering in Direct3D 10 and using WPF's 3D framework. Obviously, going directly to Direct3D is producing far better performance but I am getting banding which doesn't appear using the same scene in WPF.
[color=#333333]Does anyone have any tips on removing this type of artifact? It's obviously possible because WPF doesn't have it... If you have any questions about my Direct3D setup I will be please to add that information.
[color=#333333]WPF:
[color=#333333]cKSrV.png
[color=#333333]DirectX:
[color=#333333]WSXtS.jpg

Advertisement
Looks like incorrectly generated miplevels to me. Can you post some code for how you generate these?

Problem solved, if I use [color=#444444]D3DX10_FILTER_TRIANGLE as my mip filter, I get output that looks like the WPF render. Easy as that!

[color=#444444]Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!