Creating a simple game, really simple !

Started by
2 comments, last by Zael 12 years ago
Hello
basically , i'm an engineering student who want to have some fun.
I want to create a game not that fancy or anything, just numbers. a war game for example. for example this item gives you a higher number of winning chance but the item need certain of things to have own it. I was wondering what language should i use . I have the whole senario of those numbers and expectation and drawing of the game in papers as a rough plan to start but i don't know how to put it or translate it into real world.
it's almost as a browser game
Where should i start?

The only programing knowledge i have is MATLab and Maple
Advertisement
well im totaly new at this stuff, but i have gotten microsoft visual exrpess 2010, and you can run C# thru it and about a week or two of studying the lanugage you should be able to make a simple simple game, if you have time for everyday 5-8 hour days tongue.png like i do. iv made a few simple games like" you have 5hp 5attck, enamy has 4 hp 6attack. then input what item you want to use, like a gun or sword, which have attack values and it then calculates who wins, depending on whatever values youv set in the program. hope this helps.

EDIT:oh and the program MVE 2010, i THINK can make browser operating program, i am almost noob at this just starting, i DO know it can do command line. and from there you can put it up on a site and then people can DL it and play using there command line. this is 1 way i know to distrubute games to other people, i dont know with browser tho.
Choose any language. I suggest C++ or Java for starting, but of course you can pick any other. Later go to youtube and look programming tutorials (I suggest this guys http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston tutorials). And after learn something - create simple game, like guess random number, or tic-tac-toe :)
HTML and javascript would be the best bet for a simple browser game. You can use onclick to trigger a function and set data on the page. Javascript is actually pretty simply, and all you need to program it is notepad and a browser, both of which you already have. You may want to look into a java applet for something more complex or flash. If you don't care too much about whether or not it is a browser game, python is a great language for beginners (but not very suitable for a browser game).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement