Original Post
I am transferring from a community college to a 4 year this coming fall as a math/cs major. I can finish the degree in cs/math in 2.5 years or I could go to a cs degree and finish in 3 years (4 years if I do a co-op). The issue I am concerned with is the fact that it seems a lot of 'breadth' is in the degree and I have ultimately decided to focus on the mobile market for my future career.
Is a degree in CS (or in my case math/cs) a must for app development or can I pick up some Java books, look at the SDKs for Apple and Android and get to work on making my own app? Please keep in mind I am dead set on app development, if that means I am flipping burgers by day and coding by night, so be it.
Is a degree in CS (or in my case math/cs) a must for app development or can I pick up some Java books, look at the SDKs for Apple and Android and get to work on making my own app? Please keep in mind I am dead set on app development, if that means I am flipping burgers by day and coding by night, so be it.