I want to learn.

Started by
14 comments, last by Tom Sloper 11 years, 10 months ago

[quote name='haddez' timestamp='1339632936' post='4948989']
Would you say "Small Basic" is a good program to start with?

It is a beginning programming language, and would work well to introduce you to the topic.

You won't be writing the next big shooter in the language, but it should be enough to get you through tic-tac-toe and similar games.

If you are interested in a language that is used in bigger games, you might consider learning C#.
[/quote]

I was planning on making a few simple games like Pong, Tic Tac Toe then trying a basic Side-Scoller before moving on. What would be better in the long run C# or C++. From what I understand C++ is used more often but C# is easier and more reliable.

Also sorry if this sounds a little bad but would anyone be able to help me start and understand the basics of it all? I have looked through the tutorial that comes with Small Basic and it is Okay for a bit but misses out alot on how to put it all together and on how to use the information to make a basic game. there aren't any tutorials online that explain it either. Once I understand it I will be okay but when learning a new language I need a teacher (or Rosseta Stone :P) instead of a written guide.
Advertisement
I wouldn't say c# is easier. I actually find it harder to understand than c++.

I wouldn't say c# is easier. I actually find it harder to understand than c++.

How is that possible? C# is like c++ with less cryptic error messages, memory management and without ; after classes...
I was studied c++ ...from my point of view it is tough to learn c++...so i think c# is more tougher than c++...
What are the differences to C++ and c# and how long would c++ take to learn if you know nothing about programming (I am starting on Small Basic first.)

What are the differences to C++ and c# and how long would c++ take to learn if you know nothing about programming (I am starting on Small Basic first.)

Ask that question in For Beginners. This forum is for questions about preparing for a game job. Closing the thread.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement