Original Post
Hi, I'm fairly new to GameDev.net, but have been lurking the forums for quite a while now and decided to join to ask my question. I've made a few games in ActionScript 3 (Flash) and have a decent idea about game desgin and the like. However, now I've moved onto C++ and learned the basics such as the syntax, pointers, etcetera that are new concepts for me.
Coming from a Flash background where tutorials just get to the point and start making games to help you learn the language itself, I'd like to know if there's any tutorials like that for the SFML API that uses the C++ language. As stated, I already read up and wrote some C++ code to get used to the syntax and new concepts, I just now want to know if there's any tutorials that makes a simple, basic game while explaining the code with good C++ practices. I might be asking a bit too much in a tutorial but as close as it can be, I'll be able to adapt.
Also, I'm using the GNU C++ Compiler in Linux (openSuSE in case you're wondering).
TL;DR: Good C++ and SFML tutorials that shows you how to make a simple and basic game.
Thanks.
EDIT: Yes, I have googled this question and got no results on this. And the tutorials I've seen have comments saying that the classes made are bad practice and very easy to get into.
Coming from a Flash background where tutorials just get to the point and start making games to help you learn the language itself, I'd like to know if there's any tutorials like that for the SFML API that uses the C++ language. As stated, I already read up and wrote some C++ code to get used to the syntax and new concepts, I just now want to know if there's any tutorials that makes a simple, basic game while explaining the code with good C++ practices. I might be asking a bit too much in a tutorial but as close as it can be, I'll be able to adapt.
Also, I'm using the GNU C++ Compiler in Linux (openSuSE in case you're wondering).
TL;DR: Good C++ and SFML tutorials that shows you how to make a simple and basic game.
Thanks.
EDIT: Yes, I have googled this question and got no results on this. And the tutorials I've seen have comments saying that the classes made are bad practice and very easy to get into.