Free to use, newly composed classical piano music

Started by
1 comment, last by The.Great.Radio 11 years, 9 months ago
My name is Steven O'Brien and I'm a composer of contemporary classical music, mainly for piano. I'm now offering free use of any of my music for your game projects, under the single condition that credit is given.

My music is freshly written, entirely original and written to a very high standard, so if you're looking for high quality stock music that has not previously been used anywhere else, or wish to use tracks of differing moods but still retain a certain stylistic cohesiveness, my portfolio will be perfect for you. I release all of my music under a Creative Commons license.

Tracks are downloadable in a high quality, lossless FLAC format from my Soundcloud profile: http://soundcloud.com/stevenobrien

Here are the tracks I recommend the most highly:

A set of twenty four preludes, ranging in lengths from 0:30 to 3:00, with two reaching 5:00 and 7:00 in length. In a way, most of these resemble still images captured in audio, so they would be perfect for scenes that require a certain sense of reflection. Their moods range from the child-like simplicity and calmness of Nos. 1, 11, 19, 21 and 23, to the doubt filled anxieties of Nos. 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 20, 22 and 24, to the jollity of Nos. 3, 7, 13, 15 and 17, to the downright depressive reflections of Nos. 5, 6, 12, 16 and 18. These preludes, in my opinion, are perfect for any game that requires the expression of wide range of strong emotions. My personal favorites are 21, 1, 8, 9, 11 and 23.

Romances, Op. 4. A work in progress, so check back in the future for further uploads (I hope to write about 8 of these). These romances mainly contain the qualities of joy and contentedness with ones situation.

Piano Sonatas Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4. These works are very classically constructed, with the tracks ranging from lengths of 2:30 to 9:00. They contain a similarly wide palette of emotions compared to the Twenty Four Preludes, but with a much more dramatically driven and structured tone.

If you require WAVs, MP3s or my music in any other format, have questions regarding the use of my music, need advice regarding the use of certain tracks, feel free to contact me at steven@steven-obrien.net, I'll be happy to assist you.

Also, while certainly not neccessary, if you do plan on using one of my tracks in your project, I'd be absolutely delighted to hear from you.
I also offer services for writing original game music (with instrumentations including piano, chamber, orchestral, choral etc.), please contact me at the above address if you are interested in this service.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy my music and I look forward to seeing what you do with it!
-Steven
Advertisement
That's very generous of you, thank you :). Enjoying your preludes right now.
Amazing work, thank you for sharing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement