Skyrim Mod

Started by
1 comment, last by Bench3 11 years, 8 months ago
Hi all :)

Well , this is my first topic and I was wandering about few things about Skyrim modding .

First of all, I want to make a simple , yet very beautiful game , it will has few graphical objects . I would also like to be able to play it with Kinect (for movement and speaking) , that's why I chose Skyrim .

I would like to know how much time I will save making the game as a mod for Skyrim , compared to making it with Unity . Of course with unity I will start from scratch (need to know how to use Kinect with unity as well ...)

Also , will there be any problem selling my game as a Skyrim mod , like taking part of the revenue or something .

I would appreciate any information about this , since I have no idea at the moment and I don't want to waste much time :)

Thanks in advance .
Advertisement
As far as I know you cannot charge for skyrim mods, the only games I know of where you can legally charge for a mod are those running on the source engine.

If its your first game then gesture control is the worst way to go. Skyrims engine is also very much orientated around an RPG, you won't be able to mod it into lets say a futuristic zombie wave defence first person shooter.

I don't quite see how you jumped from kinect to skyrim either, kinect support for skyrim is on the 360 version only which isn't moddable.

I would appreciate any information about this , since I have no idea at the moment and I don't want to waste much time

No amount of research before hand is a waste of time with the exception of thinking about 3d game development before knowing how to program.

The way I see it is that you are in WAY over your head with a 3d game controlled via kinect as a first project. Learn how to program, then play in 2d first, then maybe 3d before you even think about the kinect (kinect is horrifically complicated, experienced programmers only)
Hi, I agree with 6677 to an extent. I think you should try some more basic programming first. Try using the Skyrim creator kit and see what terrain modding you can do before trying to start with a huge project.

Also , will there be any problem selling my game as a Skyrim mod , like taking part of the revenue or something .[/quote]
You can charge for a mod but I believe that would be a bad idea as because of your lack of experience (sorry if you have some) there will be better, free, mods.

Hope this helps you with your decision,

~Ben
:D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement