Original Post
Hi,
I'm wondering how should items should be handled in a rpg-type game, knowing that the player could find a lot of different items in his quest.
Should I create a class for each item of the game, with abstract classes to separate each different types of items, or should I simply store everything in an XML-like file and import items from it.
After this I would like to implement an inventory class, with item slots, stackable items, drag and drops. Because of this, I need the items to have at least an unique identifier which I could retrieve easily.
What do you think ?
Thks
I'm wondering how should items should be handled in a rpg-type game, knowing that the player could find a lot of different items in his quest.
Should I create a class for each item of the game, with abstract classes to separate each different types of items, or should I simply store everything in an XML-like file and import items from it.
After this I would like to implement an inventory class, with item slots, stackable items, drag and drops. Because of this, I need the items to have at least an unique identifier which I could retrieve easily.
What do you think ?
Thks