D3D11: CORRUPTION: ID3D11DeviceContext::ClearRenderTargetView: First parameter is corrupt or NULL.

Started by
1 comment, last by keiokrysha 11 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I am encountering a problem in my program, the program can be built sucessfully, but if I try to run it, it pops up a window says "Unhandled exception at 0x77ad15de in akatsuki.exe: 0x0000087D: 0x87d."

And the related output message is:
[source lang="cpp"]D3D11: CORRUPTION: ID3D11DeviceContext::ClearRenderTargetView: First parameter is corrupt or NULL. [ MISCELLANEOUS CORRUPTION #13: CORRUPTED_PARAMETER1 ]
First-chance exception at 0x7689b9bc in akatsuki.exe: 0x0000087D: 0x87d.
Unhandled exception at 0x77ad15de in akatsuki.exe: 0x0000087D: 0x87d.[/source]
The related code to the "CelarRenderTargetView" is:
[source lang="cpp"] g_pImmediateContext->ClearRenderTargetView( g_pRenderTargetView, ClearColor );[/source]
I cannot see any problem here.
And the Visual Studio 2010 automatically opens a new tab with the title "xnamathmatrix.inl(Please see attach files)
Please help, thanks!
Advertisement
Insert a breakpoint at the ClearRenderTargetView function line and run it. Does g_pRenderTargetView point to NULL?

If so, the render target wasn't created properly. Also make sure you're setting the render target beforehand.
"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "
Hi, it is solved, was a silly mistake, the g_pRenderTargetView is NULL because of "g_pImmediateContext->OMSetRenderTargets" I set it as g_pImmediateContext->OMGetRenderTargets", so the render target was never set.
Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement