Mesh loaded with Assimp not showing up

Started by
11 comments, last by Corvwyn 11 years, 6 months ago
I tried using nodes etc. to get it working, but I still can't get the model to load. I don't need to use childNode->mTransformation to get anything to show, do I?

Do you think it would be possible to get some of your code for loading/rendering the model, in case I've missed something?
Advertisement
The transformation matrices are just to work out how one sub-mesh is relative to its parent mesh so its not essential and you should at least be seeing something on screen. I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home tonight I'll edit this post with the code I am using / a link of where to download it from.

[edit] - The current version of the source code I am using can be found at http://www.adamsmith-demos.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2012/10/Source.rar. This is only the code, if you want you can build it to debug it but its a directX11 project so you'll need the sdk and an 11 card.

If you want you can link to your code and we can both see if we can spot the problem?
Yeah. That's what I figured the matrices were used for. They will be useful when I get this working.

Thanks for your help.

Didn't see your edit there to begin with. I'll check out your code soon. My code is a mess at the moment, since I've been refactoring and testing a lot. I'll see what I can do. Nice structure in your code though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement