help with debugger

Started by
3 comments, last by proanim 11 years, 6 months ago
I made few changes to my program and now it doesn't work in any way, i don't have a backup so there is no way to undo changes. I am getting bunch of errors in debugger like vertex and index buffer returning .pSysMem = 0xcdcdcdcd, witch were working five minutes ago. At this point i have a class with these private members

D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA vertexData, indexData, iinitData, vertexBufferData;

each of them returns pSysMem = 0xcdcdcdcd

how can i fix this ?

EDIT: i found that this can be fixed to some degre with adding other variable to the constructor? I also get 'display driver has stopped working and has recovered' when my program starts, this renders the program useless.

Can this type of driver crash cause a malfunction on the graphics adapter?
Advertisement
0xcdcdcdcd is the standard value indicating uninitialized heap memory when the debugger is attached.

I'm guessing you're not initializing those values in your constructor, or anywhere else.
Thanks.

And about this

I also get 'display driver has stopped working and has recovered' when my program starts, this renders the program useless.
Can this type of driver crash cause a malfunction on the graphics adapter?[/quote]

Can someone answer this just so i can be sure?
In theory, unstable driver state can cause physical malfunction of the device (think overheating, for example), but in practice most hardware has safeguard circuitry to prevent this.

Niko Suni

ok thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement