mouse input

Started by
25 comments, last by 21st Century Moose 11 years, 6 months ago
thanks beer but I really want to learn dx9 and direct input,but I might use windoows messages instead.I have to do more research.
Advertisement
Why use direct input??? Wouldnt it be better to just get the mouse location and button state from wParam and lParam from the Windows message function??? I dont see why you'd ever want to use direct input for something that doesn't require it at all.
well I have decided not to use direct input
how do I start to use windows message to interact with my mouse

how do I start to use windows message to interact with my mouse

http://bit.ly/TL3Zd3
cool well I figured out how to use my mouse with my pong game.this stuff is not that difficult.I am learning alot while working on this project.

Using DirectInput will remove pointer ballistics, which will make your mouse pointer feel extremely sluggish.

That depends on the type of game you're writing. There are cases (such as an FPS camera) where you most definitely do not want pointer ballistics (most hardcore multiplayer folks loathe pointer ballistics). If the mouse is sluggish just provide an in-game option to adjust it's speed, but make it a linear adjustment otherwise players may want to lynch you. ;)

But otherwise, using Raw Input will also bypass ballistics and is about a billion times easier to setup and read from.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement