Logic Game

Started by
2 comments, last by Zelda.Alex 11 years, 5 months ago
I am trying to re-create a DOS game for my father and am trying to figure out where to start. It is a logic game where you have about six rows and six colums of tiles. Each tile starts with the same six items. Your job is to use the givin clues to figure out what final picture goes in each tile. The game engine also needs to give a great number of different combinations for maximum playing possibilities. Any suggestions where to start?
Advertisement
Try drawing on paper what you want to obtain. In my experience having a clear, detailed goal is very useful to your morale.

You'll certainly need some minimal GUI, a way to display images and pick those cards.
Do you have an idea on what language/tech to use?

Previously "Krohm"

I am a beginner so I really am not sure what tech or language to use. I have done some work in flash, no programming though. Do all design programs have a logic funtion. That might help determine the tech and/or language.
If you haven't tried any programming language but want to make GUI easily then you can try Visual Basic. It is very easy to make GUI in VB. For using VB you can download Visual Studio 2010 express edition. It is free. Then there is Microsoft's MSDN library which contains a lot of material for VB. There is even a tutorial about how to make a maze game in MSDN library.

Do all design programs have a logic funtion[/QUOTE]What does that mean? All programming languages have enough methods to make games. You need to use special libraries. If you don't want to use Visual Basic then you can use Python also. It is very easy for a begineer to learn and there is good book available on internet "Invent your own computer Games with Python". That book can also help you.

But I would suggest that you try VB before python. Making GUI is easier in Visual Studio.

Good day and enjoy coding

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement