Original Post
case WM_TIMER:
{
switch(wParam)
{
case ID_TIMER:
{
HRESULT hr=D3DXCreateFont(g_pd3dDevice, //D3D Device
22, //Font height
10, //Font width
FW_NORMAL, //Font Weight
1, //MipLevels
false, //Italic
DEFAULT_CHARSET, //CharSet
OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, //OutputPrecision
ANTIALIASED_QUALITY, //Quality
DEFAULT_PITCH|FF_DONTCARE,//PitchAndFamily
"Arial", //pFacename,
&g_font); //ppFont
D3DCOLOR fontColor = D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,0);
RECT rct;
rct.left=200;
rct.right=600;
rct.top=20;
rct.bottom =50;
g_font-> DrawText(NULL,"Welcome to DX9 Pong",-1,&rct,DT_CENTER,fontColor);
KillTimer(hWnd,ID_TIMER);
}
break;
}
return 0;
}
I am using the windows timer function to draw black text to the screen to cover up red text which I already drew to the screen.
I am trying to erase text for my pong game.I have done a lot of research on this topic but I still need help.
{
switch(wParam)
{
case ID_TIMER:
{
HRESULT hr=D3DXCreateFont(g_pd3dDevice, //D3D Device
22, //Font height
10, //Font width
FW_NORMAL, //Font Weight
1, //MipLevels
false, //Italic
DEFAULT_CHARSET, //CharSet
OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, //OutputPrecision
ANTIALIASED_QUALITY, //Quality
DEFAULT_PITCH|FF_DONTCARE,//PitchAndFamily
"Arial", //pFacename,
&g_font); //ppFont
D3DCOLOR fontColor = D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,0);
RECT rct;
rct.left=200;
rct.right=600;
rct.top=20;
rct.bottom =50;
g_font-> DrawText(NULL,"Welcome to DX9 Pong",-1,&rct,DT_CENTER,fontColor);
KillTimer(hWnd,ID_TIMER);
}
break;
}
return 0;
}
I am using the windows timer function to draw black text to the screen to cover up red text which I already drew to the screen.
I am trying to erase text for my pong game.I have done a lot of research on this topic but I still need help.
