Reverse Engineering .RAW files from PS2 game

Started by
1 comment, last by rip-off 11 years, 5 months ago
Hello there people!

I am currently trying to look for people that can reverse engineer the .raw format of 3D geometry. I want to get out the UV coords and material reference data. These are levels from a game and so once it works with one, id like a script that writes it for all of them

I have spoke to a few reverse engineers but they are having a hard time cracking the format. It is do-able since i know guys that have done so, but are not helping me because of busy timing.

So if anyone could provide me

1. Help with actual reverse engineering it into max or blender and reading the file straight from the .RAW so i can load in the other levels too. ( Will be payable )

or 2. Document the format for me a little so i can give it to someone that may know

[mod edit: removing contact information -- rip-off]

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks
Advertisement
Why is it you want this model data. It says in your email timesplitters to gmod. Under international law you would be violating copyright if you were to use the original time splitters model files. This is then in violation of the forum rules.

The contents of those disks is copyrighted material. You legally cannot use it.

Also the .raw file is simply a raw binary image of the DVD. Its not possible to go straight from .RAW to model for some pretty simple reasons. a) file system, you don't know what file system it will be using so will have to work that out when extracting the data from the .RAW. Then the model files used aren't saved in the same format for each game you know. One game might use a .dae, another might use a .blend, in all likelihood it will be a proprietary format per game engine in use.
Recruitment should be done via our classifieds functionality. Unfortunately, this particular project seems to run against the policies of the site, so we will not allow you to recruit for this particular project here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement