• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Final Year Project

This topic is 1898 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I'm looking on some advice on my final year project.
I'm trying to create a simple 2D Shooter game with destructible environment (e.g. Liero/Worms) and I'm quite capable of doing this.
Problem is I want to have a LAN game mode and i am totally new to this topic. My main coding
language is C++ I do have experience with Java/Allegro 5. During this year i am doing few projects based on DirectX11 but I'm still learning it... for
that reason I'm looking advice on:

- what would be the best library to use for networking ( fast and easy to learn )
- maybe you know any good tutorials that are worth looking into
- should I still use Allegro 5 for that project since I'm familiar with it or should I go for some other library that is quite easy to learn and I could use it for my destructible world ( mostly working on pixels, disjoint and flooding algorithms)
- is it possible to achieve that under 400 working hours?

I would like to make it really simple but the main focus of my project is create networked game.

If you need more information just ask.

Thanks

Advertisement
If you do end up going with c++, have a look at Raknet.

Also, there is a networking and multiplayer section of these forums, probably already has your answers. Edited by rocklobster

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement