Unveiling of my new indie horror game, Tainted Fate

Started by
22 comments, last by SickBrick 10 years, 4 months ago

Just wanted you all to know that Indiegogo fucked me over and returned every contribution made to my Tainted Fate campaign two days after somebody would contribute. I would have made 1240$ if all had gone as it was supposed to, but instead I made 60$.
Indiegogo blamed PayPal and said they're returning the money, PayPal blamed Indiegogo and said there's an error in their system.
So that's that, I won't be using Indiegogo in this lifetime anymore.
Thanks to all the people that tried to contribute :D You're awesome.
@Python Blue a big thanks for trying to help me with the whole mess.
I'm still not giving up and am looking for potential people from the US or the UK that could make a funding campaign for me on Kickstarter without screwing me over. God knows I've had enough of that.
Cheers people and may the development continue!

Advertisement

I apologise for resurrecting an old topic, still better than making a new one every two months when I have news :D
Tainted Fate is coming along as planned and the further I'm getting in development, the better the game seems, which in turn gives me more motivation.
Anyway, I was on TV talking about how I make games and stuff, so if anyone's interested in watching, here:

">

It's in Croatian, but I put in english subtitles.
They also did a 20 minute interview, but that takes a lot of time to subtitle, so I'll put that on youtube another time.
Cheers!

Greets people. Here's an update to what's been going on with the development of Tainted Fate, so if anyone's interested:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/tainted...getting-better

In short I acquired the domain misfitvillage.com and put tainted fate's blog\website there, you can also contact me at mladen@misfitvillage.com now.
As for the game: dynamic objects now make sounds when they fall and come in contact with stuff, I made a hand model to hold the lantern, a million other things I can't remember right now. There will probably be a new pre-alpha\tech demo soon if I can find a programmer who is willing to work with me for free until the game comes out (I "fired" the last one because he didn't do almost anything in four months). Peace out!

Yo. I'm bringing you big news about Tainted Fate.
Tainted Fate is not a linear horror adventure anymore, it's an open world horror adventure. Wooo!!!
The whole island will be one big map without loading times, there will be NPC side-quests, there will be day-night transitions, there will be sleeping until dawn in safehouses so the monsters don't bite you and there will be chainsaws.
More about all that here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/taintedfate/news/tainted-fate-goes-open-world
I hope you're as happy with this news as I am with the fact that I finally understand what Tainted Fate needed to be different. I feel as though the game will now be all it was meant to be.
Also there will be a new Pre-Alpha Demo soon because there is a lot new functionality in the game for you to try out.
Peace!

Greetings people. I am bringing you a new version of Tainted Fate's Pre-Alpha! There are many new things for you to try out. It's available for Windows and Mac:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/taintedfate/downloads

Here's the newest update in video form for people who don't want to mess around with downloading\playing it:

I've got a new video for you, it shows day and night cycling. This will not be purely cosmetic, but will have gameplay consequences.

We've got some great news for you guys! This will be especially interesting for my Croatian bros here.

I jumped at the opportunity to be at the Infogamer Expo here in Croatia from 14-th to 17-th November. We will be showing off Tainted Fate and giving away free games, t-shirts and the like.
There will be loads of people there. Ubisoft and Wargaming are also coming biggrin.png

I have started working on the stand already. Here's a sneak peek:

1387951_739485966078341_1786910726_n.jpg

Of course we are also working on the game non-stop. There will be one final free Pre-Alpha version for you to play soon.
Since I've started working on the puzzles and story elements and adding them in the game, it wouldn't be cool if you could see that stuff in the Pre-Alpha since it would spoil a lot of stuff in the full game for you.
We have full day\night cycling working, dynamic models don't go through walls any more,...
The concept artist is also hard at work. Here's some of the new stuff from him:

wizard1.jpg

1167374_4861558236387_226053314_o.jpg

That's it, cheers!

Here's the stand all ready for tomorrow's opening.
Stand.jpg

Yes, Ubisoft is right behind me.

Very cool stuff. Atmospheric, and very detailed 3D work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement