how do I update the Android SDK Tools

Started by
3 comments, last by Navyman 11 years, 2 months ago

Hey guys I reinstalled the android SDK because of Googles latest package( It was a all in one android development solution), and now eclipse gives this prompt saying: "This ADT requires Android SDK Tools revision 21.0.0 rc9 or above. Current version is 20.0.0. Please update your SDK Tools to the latest version". and so I opened the SDK manager, then I selected the Tools checkbox, and for some reason I couldn't update the tools, I could only delete them. So my question is: How do I update android Tools in the SDK Manager?

Advertisement
Try running the SDK manager as admin (right click on the shortcut, select in context menu). The windows version of the Android SDK tools are complete shit, and barely functional at best. A lot of times their server just doesn't respond, returns garbage, or drops connection every few seconds.

sadly that didn't work I'm going to try it through eclipse

If your using Eclipse and need to update your SDKs you need to go to the "Window" and scroll down to the Android SDK manager.

Once in the Android SDK manager you should be able to download an SDK you need.

If this not what you need leave a comment. I just finished updating mine so I could walk you thru it.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

Ah, wait I think I know what you are wanting to update. You need to use the "Help" menu.

You have 2 options here either use the "Check for Updates" or the "Install New Software".

I would suggest using the "Install New Software" and go to https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/

That should get you everything you need.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement