Sign in to follow this  

Check contents of a Vertex Buffer

This topic is 1826 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[quote name='L. Spiro' timestamp='1358327617' post='5022102']
Your idea is that a quad is just a single 4-point primitive, but your code says a quad is a D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST with 2 triangles (3-point primitives) in it in the shape of a quadrilateral.
[/quote]

No, what I meant was my quad is made up of 2 primitives with each one having 3 indices and 2 of those being unique. , Is this wrong? Should I be using a different method?

I finally got my (last) draw call to not have messed up values. But you were saying my indexes are incorrect? So perhaps that is why I can't see anything? 

wwojR.jpg?1

Thanks

Your indices are correct now.

Look at them now: 012 213 etc.

Look at them before: 001 020 etc.

See how these are not the same values?  Before = wrong.  You changed something and now it is fixed.  Move on.

Now you claim to still be unable to see anything, but you have obviously eliminated vertex and index buffers as possible suspects.  That means the device state is the problem.

I have already told you how to view the device state.  I expect you to be able to click a few tabs and look around through it on your own.

If you see the first sprite and not the second, check the device state between the 2 draw calls and see what is different.  Depth-testing?  Culling?  I already gave you a comprehensive list of things to check in my first reply to this thread.

L. Spiro

Whoops, embarrassingly, it was working once I fixed the VB, but the only visible part of the image was alpha (you were right to say "claim"). So now I just have to move the camera and fix up the matrices. 

Thanks heaps for your help, much appreciated. 

Sign in to follow this