Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Blender/Python books and tutorials

Started by 4620039625 Jan 14, 2013 at 2:41 AM 4 replies 5.6k views
Original Post
4620039625
4620039625

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some quality material on Python and Blender game development. Books, sites, tutorials, videos, everything's welcome.

Thanks in advance!

dmreichard
dmreichard

I have been enjoying the free course offered here: http://gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html

I also bought the suggested textbook: http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Guide-Blender-Graphics/dp/1466517034

So far I am picking things up rather quickly using these resources on Blender3d.

As for Python there is an extraordinary amount of reference material and tutorials on the internet. A simple Google search will turn up many useful results. Is there a particular version you are targeting? In most cases the documentation right from the main site at http://www.python.org will be very useful.

RedBaron5
RedBaron5

[quote name='dmreichard' timestamp='1358147092' post='5021306']
I have been enjoying the free course offered here: http://gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html
[/quote]

I second this. It is designed like a college course with assignments and projects. Really helped me get into Blender.

4620039625
4620039625

Thanks for the replies!

You see, I have a book on Blender 3D, and I've been studying Python for some time. However, I have no material on game development using the Blender game engine and the Python programming language, together sad.png

RedBaron5
RedBaron5

I would make sure you understand the non-game engine aspects of Blender first. Once you are comfortable with those, I would go through this tutorial.

http://www.cgmasters.net/free-tutorials/python-scripting/

After that, you will probably use the API a lot. I would also suggest registering an account at blenderartists.org. It's a great community and the people responsible for developing and maintaining the BGE post on there daily. People there are very beginner friendly and you usually receive quick, accurate answers.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.