The never ending war, direct input vs borland 5...

Started by
11 comments, last by origil 22 years, 6 months ago
Here''s the problem. I compiled the DirectInputCreateEx function and the compiler generates an error: "Error: Error processing module" or "Unresolved external DirectInputCreateEx" It might generate any of the 2. If I take the DirectInputEx function out of the program, the code remains error-free. I''ve seen this was a problem common to borland 5 compilers. A few ppl asked about this on the boards but received no helping answers. If anyone knows how to fix this and is willing to help me I''d really appreciate it.
The Department of Next Life - Get your Next-Life Insurance here!
Advertisement
Are you linking to dinput.lib?
Yes, I include it using:
#pragma comment( lib, "dinput.lib" )

and when I take the line off it generates an error it does not recoginze the _c_dfDIKeyboard, so I''m pretty sure it''s included
Are you linking to the correct version of dinput.lib? i.e. not the old version that comes with MSVC++, check the order of your lib-directories in the options.

[EDIT]
Sorry, just realised that you wrote you were using the Borland compiler.
I don't know if Borland comes with any version of DirectX, but still, is the correct version being linked?
Can't think of anything else right now...
[/EDIT]

Edited by - Dactylos on October 18, 2001 5:18:27 PM
The Borland compatible libraries can be found here. Are you using these Borland-compatible libs or the ones provided with the DirectX SDK? I do not use DirectX with C++ Builder because I prefer using Delphi, so other than providing the link I''m not much help.

One of the best things about Delphi... no libs to link with.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Thanks for the replies
I''ll be sure to check the lib.
Thanks a lot for the help,
the only problem now is that the compiler generates this new and cute error: Unresolved external _c_dfDIKeyBoard referenced from...
What I am doing wrong this time?
Be sure to add dxguid.lib to your project. That''s where all the _c_dfDI* stuff is in.

-----------------------------
Jappie
BabJap Productions

"There''s no such things as bugs; they''re just unintentional extra features"
----------------------------- JappieBabJap Productions"There's no such things as bugs; they're just unintentional extra features"
I did include it,
#pragma comment(lib, "dxguid.lib")
Thanks for the reply though.
Hmm... long shot here: I assume you''re using Michael Foetsch''s libs now. Try to include c_dinput.lib as well as the others. If that doesn''t solve it, try writing c_dfDIKeyboard without a capital B...

-----------------------------
Jappie
BabJap Productions

"There''s no such things as bugs; they''re just unintentional extra features"
----------------------------- JappieBabJap Productions"There's no such things as bugs; they're just unintentional extra features"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement