The obscure art of makin' a menu

Started by
3 comments, last by Tokikenshi 22 years, 6 months ago
(Previously posted on GCUK forums - www.gamecoding.co.uk/forums) This one another of my problems that''ve been bugging me off for the last weeks: while(1){ if(key[KEY_UP] && (p > 0)){ poll_keyboard(); p--; } if(key[KEY_DOWN] && (p < 2)){ poll_keyboard(); p++; } if(key[KEY_ENTER]){ switch(p){ case 0: // New Game // caca break; case 1: // Credits // caca break; case 2: // Exit // caca break; } } } So? Yep. That menu won''t work. I mean the keyboard reads, but the last if-statement don''t work. Normally the while()-sling should exit, but nothing happens. Help? //toki
toki!
Advertisement
I think the breaks you put in that switch-thingy just break out of the switch loop, not the while loop. You could build the while loop like this:
  while( !bDone ){}  

Then in the switch statement you could set bDone to true, and the while loop would end.

-----------------------------
Jappie
BabJap Productions

"There''s no such things as bugs; they''re just unintentional extra features"
----------------------------- JappieBabJap Productions"There's no such things as bugs; they're just unintentional extra features"
Heh. Thanks, mate.
toki!
Or you could have

continue;
break;

instead of just break; inside the switch

----------------
Freeride Designs
----------------
----------------
Black Edge Games
----------------
quote:Original post by Freeride Designs
Or you could have

continue;
break;

That break would never execute, since as soon as the continue is reached, you jump to the conditional in the while. The loop would still be infinite.

Jappie has a good solution.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement