Tutorials

Started by
16 comments, last by ChrisE 22 years, 6 months ago
What kind of tutorials would you like to see? Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Advertisement
Hi chris,
I would like to see the existing utilities upgraded.

1: long file names for textures. I know .3ds cannot support long file names, but MAX does and chredit should. This "should" be very easy for you to do. at the very least, when you import a character/pro that has a long file name for texture/model, just rename it using standard DOS short file names.

2: exporting particle systems from MAX. i find using max for particle systems to be very easy and straight forward to use. In PR, setting the data structures by hand is very tedious and never gets the results i want. On the other hand, in max, i can view the particles as im creating them wich is very handy. Maybe you could write a utility: "Particle Edit" that is a graphical interface to particle .pro files. or .PRP (pr particle)

3: Skin modifier and Linked transform do not export properly. These are great tools that I think should be a must for exporting MAX .pro''s and .chr''s The ease of making objects animate with skin and linked transform are incredible.

4: when exporting an object to pro, if it has a texture applied, the base color should be white. i hate having to go thru changing each color to white when i export an object. : )
this is very minor and can probably be ignored : )

5: bone exports (if skin/linked transform ever work) should not be visible when rendering. beter yet, only export the object that the bones control.
I''d like a tutorial on getting an animated character into a landscape project. And how to make him/her/it do different motions.

Also, a mini-tutorial on attaching objects to characters.

Cheers,
Random
Cheers,Random
are tutorials in the powerrender manual?
snikt!!!
Why don''t you make a tutorials for examples somthing like flydemo and make it complete I mean start from the tools then the code not just the code.
I like a tutorials for how to make my scenes editor like proedit.
In it I can freely manipulate a pro object for vertex and change map etc, little like maya,3dmax''s editor.

Thanks !
yes, a tutorial or two would help out a newbie like me. And i''m sure it would increase interest in the engine to begginers.
snikt!!!
I would like a tutorial about a 3rd person view
animated character walking on the landscape ,
and the interactive 2D UI ( like the HP of the character)

thanks Chris
Making a character is possibly the hardest thing you can do in PR. I think alot of people would be very interested in a tutorial consisting of building a character from scratch, all the way from designing the vertex layout, to mapping UV coordinates, to adding character animation.

If anyone else feels this should be a tutorial, please speak your voice so chris can see the importance of such a "tool".

: )
Mike AKA Zygote
genesis3d had a wrapper called projectZ. He write incremental tutorials which were the best I have ever seen. First example just load the engine.. 2nd load th enging and draw a triangle

like nehes demos
http://www.mattherb.com now with CATCAM!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement